Please feel to reach out to Christine Kepic, HR Supervisor with questions.
The City of Greensboro exists to partner with the community to build the desired quality of life for Greensboro. All of our actions are guided by our commitment to and measured by our success in building public trust and the future we and the community desires.
Critical to our success is maintaining a work environment which fosters employee commitment to public service and making a difference in the lives of our residents.
If this sounds like a purpose that you would like to share in, please consider the opportunity below.
Full Salary Range: $37,633.00 - $62,721.00 Annually Hiring Range:$37,633.00 -$50,177.000 Annually
The City of Greensboro's Field Operations Department provides a variety of services to Greensboro residents, including • Trash, recycling, yard waste, leaf and bulk collection services • Street and stormwater maintenance and repairs • Mowing and landscaping services • Transfer Station and White Street Landfill • Storm/disaster cleanup • Snow removal. To do this important work, we need a diverse and energized team that values honesty, trust, stewardship, respect, and hard work. Our mission is to hire the best people who can connect with our mission and vision. If you think you've got what it takes, here are the details of the job as the HR Administrative Support Specialist:
• You will be responsible for working with the department's 350 benefited staff and temporary/roster staff as a part of the Field Operations HR Team. • Answer HR-related questions regarding payroll, tax withholding, compensation, employment, benefits, workers compensation, etc. • Duties will include entry of all personnel actions and related employee HR change/hire actions into the Lawson system • Posting of department vacancies through the City's applicant tracking system • Processing of new hires for the department • Processing/review of various HR related reports while providing overall general assistance to the Department HR Rep and the department's supervisors and management team. This is a great opportunity for someone who has strong oral and written communication skills, is comfortable with the handling of confidential situations/information, is creative, deadline-oriented, enjoys problem-solving, and is detail-oriented and accurate with regard to data entry. This position reports to the HR representative for the department and will be required to attend meetings as a member of the City's Benefits Assistant team as well as regular interactions with City HR staff.
This job is Non-Exempt and is subject to the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act Qualifications
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. and 1 or more years of experience in Human Resources in an administrative or assistant/technician role
- Must have 2 or more years of face to face customer service experience in an office environment
- Experience working with an ERP software system (i.e. ADP, JD Edwards, Lawson, PeopleSoft, SAP)
- Must have MS Office experience
- Prior experience dealing with confidential information/situations
- Data entry experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or related field
- Notary Public License
- 4 years experience in the Human Resources field
- Lawson HR/Payroll experience
- Kronos Timekeeping software experience
Agency:City of Greensboro
Address300 West Washington Street
Greensboro, North Carolina, 27401